20140105

FAB & FAV: MAKEUP 2013 EDITION


I've done a "FAB & FAV" blog post on brushes (link here) some while ago. "FAB & FAV," if you haven't noticed, is short for my fabulous and favourite(s) - you can also see it on the right for the tabs on the blogs I often visit. I was planning to do a FAB & FAV post on makeup, but I realized that it'll be too long of a post to select a product in each category of makeup. So, this post will feature my fab & fav in random categories of makeup that I've loved & enjoyed in 2013.

I will do a "FAB & FAV" post on skin care products as well (hopefully soon). Meanwhile, you could check out my post on skin care here; I have a list of products that I like, but it's more about information and facts concerning skin care. Since then, products have changed, so "FAB & FAV" on skin care will likely be more of an updated version.

Without further ado, let's start!

-Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution (review here): a bit of late discovery in 2013, but since then, I've been consistently using it nonstop. I've even switched to using regular mascaras, so this remover does everything in one go.
-Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (review here): also a late discovery of 2013, but I really have grown to love this foundation!
-Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (review here): brightens & conceals my under eye area.
-Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder (review here): amazing powder! Effective & long-lasting
-Dior Impression Cuir Eye Palette (review & swatch here): bottom 2 shades for my brows.
-Tony Moly Delight Mono Shadow Matte in 05 Brown Cookie (review & swatch here): been using consistently since the day I bought it. It's almost becoming a habit similar to curling my lashes; a must.
-Revlon Matte Lipstick in 007 In the Red (review & swatch here): I mostly used this shade whenever I wanted something to oomph my makeup if you know what I mean ;^). Great shade!
-Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara in 05 Blue (review here): this mascara really made me fall back in love with blue mascaras. I got reminded of how much I used to enjoy using blue mascaras.
-Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder in 002  Amber Diamond (review & swatch here): I still think this is the best highlighter regardless of the different textures available out there. It's just drop-dead gorgeousness! I sometimes mainly concentrate my brush on the reddish colour to double the use as a blusher.
-Shiseido Eyelash Curler (review here): no surprise here. You see me mentioning & writing about this product from time to time. It's my staple!

For brushes, I found myself consistently using Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush 02NARS 07 Flat Concealer Brush; and Piccasso Brush 301, 402, and 723. Tom Ford brush review will be posted soon. NARS concealer brush has been mentioned in my FAB & FAV brush post (link here). Piccasso Brush 301 is the angled eyebrow brush, 402 is the spoolie, and 723 is the fan brush (which is amazing for the highlighter).


Last, but not least, glass nail file! Without it, my nails would've been such a mess!


I tried to be concise, but I think it ended up being longer anyway. Oopsie. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments :

Post a Comment