20120301

MAYBELLINE EYE STUDIO COLOR PLUSH SILK EYESHADOW 90 IRRESISTIBLY IVY


Part 4 of eye shadow palette review goes to Maybelline's Eye Studio in 90 Irresistibly Ivy. My photographer friend kindly paid for this palette because we were doing a photo shoot (we do one every break for fun), and I needed colours (most of my eye shadow palettes are, as you can notice from previous reviews, very neutral).



I was immediately drawn to the rusty reddish wine (not brown) shade on the far right because it looks so good with brown eyes. I didn't expect so much on colour payoff, but it really stood out to me. These eye shadows are pigmented. The consistency/texture isn't really comparable to Dior or NARS (review coming up);  it's not bad or anything, and it's really good quality/value for money, but it's just not the smoothest or creamiest of the bunch.


All the shades contain shimmer that look ultra glossy (take a look at the swatch below).

(from left to right): champagne-ish neutral ivory, golden champagne (looks peachy orange on the swatch), peacocky blue, and rusty reddish wine (looks brown on the swatch)

Overall, this palette is definitely not a palette that I will reach often (just because I don't wear bright colours on my eyes a lot), but I would surely use it when I feel playful.

No comments :

Post a Comment