20120107

DOLCE & GABBANA

Dolce & Gabbana Blush and Lipstick

Like with the most beauty products, I always fall for it just when I'm determined not to give in. That's the basic storyline of my Dolce & Gabbana order through Saks online. I didn't even know that Dolce & Gabbana launched their own cosmetics line until I saw them on The Beauty Look Book (I do have to say that Sabrina photographs items so beautifully that I always want everything that goes up on her blog).

Whenever I think of the brand Dolce & Gabbana, rich and bold colours come up to my mind. I don't know why, but Dolce & Gabbana represents rich and bold colours to me even though their campaign ads are mostly, explicitly dark (as in greys and blacks). Anyway, so I wanted to order rich and bold coloured products even though I am a natural, neutral girl. Hence, orange blush (in 15 Sole) and purple lipstick (in 115 Orchid).

Dolce & Gabbana Blush in 115 Sole and Shine Lipstick in 115 Orchid

Dolce & Gabbana packaging is very gorgeous and expensive looking in gold. It's glamourous, which I'm not really used to. I do love it nonetheless because it's simple and chic. The blush compact is heavy, which it should be at its price. Lipstick shuts firmly as well.

115 Sole Blush

Sole is my ever first bold blush. It's full-on warm orange and very pigmented. It's quite smooth and finely milled, but because of its high pigment, blending can be a bit tricky.


Shine Lipstick 115 Orchid

I wasn't sure if I would like Orchid when I ordered it because it's rich purple, plum lipstick. Before Orchid, I've never worn a purple lipstick. I didn't know what to expect, but when I tried it on, I really loved it. On lips, it's not as plumy as I would've liked, but I still save it for a rainy day because it really goes with the dark, stormy weather. For me, it's a fall lipstick, but there are no rules in makeup (essentially). I also liked it as a blush.

Here's a swatch.


I do have to mention that the lipstick is very heavily rose-scented, but I didn't find it disturbing because the scent is gone once you apply it.

I would love to try more Dolce & Gabbana beauties, but until then, I will savour Sole and Orchid.

No comments :

Post a Comment