20131217

MAC FLUIDLINE WAVELINE








After a failed attempt at getting a navy gel eye liner (e.l.f. review here), I ended up settling for MAC Fluidline in Waveline.



I guess MAC Fluidline has become my fail-safe eye liner, for its price & quality. I know that I can trust Fluidline because it's creamy yet strong in pigment & long-lasting without smudging. I have yet to try Bobbi Brown's gel eye liner, but I find it too expensive for what it is. I'm not an eye liner person anyway.

In choosing the colour though, I was debating between Waveline and Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Denim Ink. In swatching both side by side, I realized that Waveline seemed more true to navy than Denim Ink as Denim Ink looked darker & contained noticeable shimmer. Although Waveline contains shimmer when seen in the pot, it's not visible when applied.

I was inspired by Lisa Eldridge's vid on K.I.S.S. Valentine's Look (link here) because I could really see that navy eye liner suit brown eyes. I've never tried navy eye liner, but after seeing the video & trying on myself, I was glad that I opted in for a change. Just as Lisa described, it's like I'm wearing a black eye liner, but softer and with a bit of a twist. I love a bit of twist!

Below is a swatch.


No comments :

Post a Comment