20150927

(UPDATED) FAB & FAV

It has been such a long time... the last time I've posted with an actual beauty content entry was over more than a year ago... I really haven't had time to keep up on my blog :^( but I finally had time to squeeze it in today! HURRAH! So, without further ado, let me get on with this post :^)

All of the photos in this post was a quick snap because I haven't figured out a setting for taking photos in Seoul... so please excuse the quality...

The top picture displays what I've been using daily (from left to right):
-Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance No. 01 (exactly what the title says)
-MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation in NC25 (so moisturizing on my dry skin!)
-Paula's Choice Soft Cream Concealer in Soft Neutral (another moisturizing base)
-Medium size Z palette with decanted eye shadows in rotation (some Paula's Choice, Tony Moly, Dior, VDL, and the discontinued Dior matte bronzer)
-Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder SPF 15 in No. 20 (non-drying powder to set my base)
-Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in 04 Dark Grey
-Etude House Keep My Brows Fixer
-Maybelline Lash Sensationalist Full Fan Effect Waterproof Mascara
-Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in 36 Rich Navy (use this instead of an eyeliner to tightline)
-MAC Sheertone Blush in Tenderling (loving this as contour as in warming up the parameter of my face & as blush as well)
-Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder in 002 Amber Diamond (discontinued & received this ages ago, but this is the golden gem... in powder form. it's been battered due to heavy love, but just absolutely love this!)

On to skincare:


Again from left to right:
-Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (because only waterproof mascara can hold the curl on my eyelashes)
-Bioderma Sensibio Make-up Removing Micelle solution (a staple)
-Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner (so moisturizing... can't believe this is a toner)
-Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Glycolic Acid (rotating this with BHA on every other night)
-Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA Gel (with Betaine Salicylate, wish Korea could allow higher percentage of salicylic acid though...)
-Tok-Clear Gel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide (acne prevention & treatment)
-Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Vitamin C (for cooler months, can't-live-without product basically for the night routine)
-Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex SPF 30 (A MUST, moisturizer & SPF for daytime! can't emphasize enough about protecting your skin against UV rays... so important! especially against wrinkles)
-Eucerin Aquaphor Skin Protectant Ointment (a dying lip balm... I don't know what to replace it with, so been abusing it for the last drop)

Now to BRUSHES! I just can't help it with the brushes... they're truly what really excites me in makeup!



The brushes have been cleaned & I've been consistently cleaning the same set of brushes since I've got them over Beautylish (btw, Beautylish is just so awesome... honestly, their customer service is unseen from anywhere! so helping & so willing). These brushes have been the powerhouse in applying makeup for me, and can I also just say... that I'm loving sponges as well??? I haven't bought the Beautyblender, but I like the sponge that I've discovered.

from left to right:
-Wayne Goss 20 (pencil brush for the lower lash line)
-Rae Morris 11 Medium Oval Shadow (all-over-the-lid brush)
-Wayne Goss 08 (tightline brush)
-Piccasso Brush fb15 mini (base application)
-Rae Morris 7.5 Deluxe Round Shader (blending brush)
-Wayne Goss 02 (contour brush)
-Wayne Goss 14 (powder brush)
-Wayne Goss 15 (highlighter brush)
-Rae Morris 19 Lip Brush
-Jaju 5-facet sponge (base application)

You can see that I've wholeheartedly switched all my brushes to Wayne Goss & Rae Morris (except the foundation brush from Piccasso) from MAC, NARS, Piccasso Brush etc. Wayne Goss & Rae Morris brushes are just so soft & so functional from the ones I have... honestly, I wish I could have the entire collection from Wayne Goss & Rae Morris, but of course, it will cost a fortune...

However, for the quality of these brushes, their price is really not high! Trust me, I know my brushes.


The above picture is the sponges. It's from a Korean natural brand called Jaju. The pack costs around $2.50, which comes out really cheap/sponge. I tried using it wet thinking about the Beautyblender, and it works well wet, but I like it dry as well. The 5 facets around the sponge are not coated, so they're good when you want to sheer out your base. The 2 pentagon sides are coated, which is good for blending.

Next on to tools & perfume...

  
Still using the Ladurée box for storing cotton pads & decanted candle jar for storing cotton buds :^) Going strong.



Gifted perfume: Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin. This has become my signature scent, and this scent was what I've been looking for as my signature perfume. The search is over! (that is, until I discover a new one, but I don't think that'll likely happen in years) It smells like roses, and I mean natural, but with a bit of a twist. It smells sexy & toxicating like you're being seductive, but without being too much. Also love that it really lasts well on my skin (it is eau de parfum in the end...)

No comments :

Post a Comment