20130801

PAULA'S CHOICE BITS OF TESTING


This is going to be a really quick post because I'm running so busy due to internship, but I didn't want to slow down even slower blogging...

Here goes short & sweet!

Pure Mineral Sunscreen SPF 15: it was the first time trying mineral sunscreen, and although it was gentle on my skin, I didn't like that it whitened so much. Another thing is that SPF 15 is recently viewed as not enough protection considering regular people don't put enough sunscreen. I'd always prefer higher sunscreen.

Extra Care Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30: the texture of this product is too thick for my liking even though the time of the testing was in winter. I also didn't feel like it moisturized enough. I'm still waiting for my perfect sunscreen...

Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion: I thought that this would be the most moisturizing lotion, but surprisingly my skin liked the hydrating mask more. A bit weird, but product size-to-price ratio is a lot more for the mask (I'm not complaining). I'll stick to the mask in the winter.

Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum: I really did not like this serum, the reason being Olay's Regenerist serum does a much better job in keeping my skin hydrated & smooth. Another thing is I'm so used to Olay's texture that Skin Recovery serum's texture felt strangely too light even though it's intended for dry skin.

Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum: if Skin Recovery serum was not moisturizing enough, Resist Ultra-Light serum did not moisturize at all. One of the main reasons why I always come back to Olay's serum is because how moisturizing & hydrating it is alone. Not only that, but Olay's serum lasts all day. Resist Ultra-Light serum won't do me any good even in summer.

I'm so sad that I gave all the bad reviews on Paula's Choice products as I'm such a fan of Paula, but this time, it just did not work. Keep in mind that skin care is a personal choice, and it always depends on your skin needs.

No comments :

Post a Comment