20140215

(UPDATED) DAILY ESSNENTIALS WINTER EDITION


It's been more than a year and a half since my last post on DAILY ESSENTIALS I noticed that the original post was mainly intended for summer months, so here's the winter edition update on my new daily essentials.


Brushes in the pic: MAC 217 & 239 (for eye shadows), NARS 27 Yachiyo Kabuki Brush (for blush), and Piccasso Brush mini 301 & mini 402 (for brows)

The key differences from the original post are the use of foundation & eye shadows. I tend to skip foundation during summer because I really dislike the feeling of having something on my face. Although Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (review here) is light, I'm not sure how it'll cope with the humid weather in Korea. I tend to mix the foundation with a drop or two of olive oil (decanted into the white bottle in the pic above) to give more a dewy effect, and it really helps to spread better on skin. I use Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in 320 Ivory (review here) for concealing under the eyes. Oh, and I completely use my fingers in gentle tapping motion to apply both the foundation and the concealer.

On the other hand, I skip using powder during winter because I just can't use it, not even Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder (review here). Montreal winter is deadly, let's just leave it at that.

I rotate between eye shadows: namely, the middle shade of Dior Impression Cuir Eye Palette (review & swatch here), Tony Moly Delight Mono Shadow Matte in 05 Brown Cookie (review & swatch here), and decanted Ellis Faas Creamy Eye E107 (review & swatch here).

For brows, I switched to powders from pencils because I wanted more grayish shade (I can't seem to find affordable gray-brown brow pencil). I mix the bottom shades of mini Dior Couture Colour Eye Shadow Palette in 734 Grège (review & swatch here) to get the exact brow colour I want. Although the gray colour has shimmer, it's not noticeable. I finish off by using Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear (review soon) to fix the brows in place.

In winter, I like something to brighten up my face. I use Aritaum Style Pop Blusher in No.2 School Girl (review soon), which is lavendar pink shade with shimmer. And, as always, I finish by curling my eyelashes (a must!) with the trust-worthy Shiseido Eyelash Curler (review here).

P.S. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY <3

No comments :

Post a Comment